March 11, 2011

Thinking of Japan

photo by JapanDave.com

I'm sad to see the devastation and praying for the people of Japan.

The sequel to Ice Charades... to be released in 2012, takes place in Japan, so Japan is on my mind a lot. It is all at once a beautiful, whacky, sacred, humbling, frustrating and funny place to write about.

My girlfriend, who lives in Tokyo, called me yesterday morning ... before the earthquake, just to chat and I used the phone call to go over some questions I had about Japan.

When I woke up this morning and saw the news, I did not want that to be my last phone call with her. Good news: she just called me via Skype to say she and the family are okay. I haven't heard back from other friends, but Tokyo was spared the brunt of the quake, so I hope they are okay.

Japan always knew "the big one" was coming and I don't know if that was it, but boy, I hope there are no more.




And, by the way, if you like the photos, you should check out Japan Dave's website. It is filled with gorgeous photography. I subscribed and receive a photo in my inbox everyday.

No comments: