March 25, 2011

Badass of the Week


... and I'm not talking 'bout Nobunari Oda. Photo courtesy of Random Skating Photos.

I'm talking about another Japanese man and he has NOTHING to do with skating, thank you very much.



His name is Hideaki Akaiwa and he's featured on the website Badass of the Week, which I found courtesy of The Daily Dish.

It is reported that on the day of the earthquake Hideaki Akaiwa threw on scuba gear, jumped into a TSUNAMI, dodged debris, found his house & his wife, & saved her.

Wow. That's the kind of story I liked to hear about heading into the weekend.

Even though this post has nothing to do with skating, it has everything to do with keeping up my New Year's Resolution - swearing.

Excuse me, Miss Ice Charades, does it count if someone else is doing the swearing?

Hell, yeah. Click on Badass of the Week, if you love swear words salted and peppered through your true-life action hero stories.

Want a taste?

How the fuck Hideaki Akaiwa got a hold of a wetsuit and a set of SCUBA gear is one of the great mysteries of the world. I'm roughly twenty hours into Fallout 3 and I'm lucky to come across a fucking vacuum cleaner in that godforsaken post-apocalyptic wasteland, yet this guy is in the middle of a real-life earth-shaking mecha-disaster and he's coming up with oxygen tanks, waterproof suits, and rebreather systems seemingly out of thin air. I guess when you're a truly unstoppable badass, you, by definition, don't let anything stand in your way. You make shit happen, all the time, no matter what.



Have a hell of a weekend everyone - I'm off to figure out how to Tweet!

No comments: