February 26, 2011

Confession of the Month


I know, I know, I haven't kept up with the monthly confessions. But, you know, from now on ...

Yesterday I was emailing another skater on Facebook and we got to telling stories. We always do. And I told her about our hotel dinner show in Atami, Japan, and that whenever there was a show with fewer audience members than skaters, we didn't always take that show so seriously.

Shocker? Oh, come on. You would have done the same thing.

One of the favorite things to do was a playing a game of tag.

It would start in the Opening number, someone was "it" and they would have to tag someone without straying too far from the choreography. The person hoping not to get tagged couldn't stray too far from the choreography either.

And this went on throught the show. When one number was done, the skater that was "it" had to wait until they were back out on the ice in another with at least two more skaters. It didn't count to tag someone backstage.

That certainly helped a forty-five minute show fly by. I get a smile just thinking about it.

No comments: