September 20, 2013

Happy 70th Birthday Holiday On Ice!

And you don't look a day over 59!

pssst ...

hey HOI, that girl in the silver costume, she's not a skater. A skater wouldn't stand with her free leg like that. There are dozens and dozens of beautiful figure skaters - why didn't you use one of them? They'd probably do it for free, (they had to in the past) so why hire models? Just sayin.


But Happy Birthday ... since 1943, Holiday On Ice has had over 325 million audience members, 99 different shows and 54,400 performances. Not bad. As I like to say, every year millions of people journey to see an ice show somewhere in the world. And some even wanted to go.

But, all kidding aside. Those aren't bad numbers. Let's hear it for 70!

And on November 21, 2013 Holiday On Ice will premier it's latest show, Platinum. They're enlisting a famous German designer Harald Glööckler for some of the costumes.



I'm sure those gowns will be so bedazzled they'll look fabulous, but I feel sorry for the gals who will have to skate in them.

And I also have word the fabulous Rohene Ward will be back to skate.



He was the soloist from HOI's production of Speed and one of the best show skaters I'd seen in decades. He alone is worth the price of a ticket.

So this show is going to be good, me thinks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the cleavage on the one on the right? I don't think she's a skater either.

Brittyni Marr said...

The poster girl for one of the shows that I did with HOI "Spirit" was also either a model or just a dancer. They had to photo shop the skates on her. The first try was awful. I don't think someones leg and foot could bend that way. Even the final print looked a little weird.