October 18, 2013

I'm Back

Normally I put up some cheesy vacation photo and explain I won't be blogging for a few weeks. But this time, I had no time.


that's not an IPod in my pocket



At the end of September I made a trip to the emergency room of our local hospital and stayed for 12 days. I have an ICD (like a pacemaker only it's a defibrillator) installed below my left clavicle. It was a long time to be in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, tethered to the EKG machine like a dog on a leash, but I received such great medical care, I have no complaints.

The card I now have to carry in my wallet says I survived CSD. Cardiac Sudden Death.

Wow.

It wasn't something I wanted on my bucket list, but I'm grateful I'm here to write about. Hmmmm, maybe I should start up a bucket list. I'm getting better day by day. And tomorrow I'll go back to writing about obscure ice shows and who's wearing what costume.

Until then ...

4 comments:

Jane said...

Glad to know you're better now!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

get well

Anonymous said...

What a fright! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Don't overdo it. :-)