November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I think skaters have a lot to be thankful for. Gliding on the ice is one of the best feelings in the world!

I remember celebrating Thanksgiving in '83 in Holiday On Ice - where the cast was only 20% Americans - with the two gentlemen that ran the coffee stand. I was brand new, but since I was American, they asked me to join them and I was honored. We didn't have a turkey or cranberries, but a wonderful chicken and potato stew. We ate in the principle's dressing room which was private, but small with one long table and a mirrored wall up against it. To talk to each other we had to look at each others reflections, which was strange, but, hey, that's showbiz.

It made me realize no matter how you celebrate the holiday, the fact that you celebrate it is more important.

So where ever you are, however you want to celebrate, be thankful!

No comments: