January 10, 2011

Things I Learned From An Ice Show


Welcome to my new segment, "Things I Learned From An Ice Show." We'll see if I can come up with at least twelve of these suckers and then I can turn this into a monthly installment. Here goes ...

You can't sing and laugh at the same time.



Try it ... you can't do it. How do I know this? I skated in a couple of ice shows that featured live singers. And if you wipe out in front of them, you hear them stop singing and start cracking up on the mike.

If you are going to fall, the best thing to do is to wipe out in front of the audience as well, so they laugh too and understand why the singers stopped singing.

It wasn't very good the time I ran into the headlights backstage while exiting. The singer saw my big crash and lost his sh**, but the audience didn't know why.

No comments: