April 28, 2015

Quiet As It's Kept, May 1: 7:30, May 2: 1:00 & 7:30

Where will you be on May 1st or 2nd?


 

If you're anywhere in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, I would suggest making plans to see this show.  It's your chance to see Rohene Ward, one of the very best show skaters in the world perform.

I saw him skate in the last two Holiday On Ice productions, Speed and Platinum, and I can say I haven't seen anyone better in a show.  Artistically he's today's Toller, plus he does jumps in both directions, spins that I've not seen before.  How cool is that?  Some of you may know him better as Jason Brown's choreographer.  Remember the Riverdance number?  I know.  So you should go.

Plus, with all of the tragic events happening in the African-American community today, this seems especially timely.  Especially important.  Quiet As It's Kept is billed as, "A one-of-a-kind journey of African American history told on ice." (pssst ... that means bring a hat and gloves)

Aaaaah - I wish I could go!  



No comments: