July 2, 2019

It's almost that time of year again ....

You could say that for many events.  For me, I'll be excited for my annual obsession with Le Tour de France.  This year we bought an internet package, so I may get to see every stage!!!

For some, this time of year could mean some fabulous summer vacation.  Do you have one of those coming in July?  I hope so.

But for this post, I'm talking about Sun Valley, Idaho!  It's the place to skate in the summer.  Someday, someday, someday I'll make it there to skate.  Really, someday, I hope.



That's right, on July 21, 2019, the ProSkaters organization will be hosting a live competition.  As they say on the website:

Held on the outdoor rink on Sunday, July 21, 2019, beginning at 8:00 pm,  this exciting annual event will be a theatrical and competitive experience.  Skaters in Singles, Pairs, Dance, Adagio, Comedy, Show Acts, and Groups who will compete against each other. Winner take all!  A panel of judges PLUS a panel of audience members will determine the winner.  
I will try to update this blog with the results.  I sure wish I could see it live though.  Someday.

Then on July 22- 23, 2019, there are seminars for skaters who want to learn about life as a professional, or as they say, "the tricks of the trade."

If anyone reading this goes to this session OR has gone at any time, please let me know.  I would love to hear some first hand accounts.

No comments: