April 4, 2016

I Saw #Worlds2016 on Twitter

How did you watch it?



I don't have a subscription to icenetwork.com, and I wasn't paying attention to the schedule until Saturday, so that meant the only skating I caught was the womens' free late on Saturday night.

My thoughts about that (and I am no journalist or skating expert btw) was how bummed I felt for Gracie, how excited I was for Ashley and how stunned I was with Mao.  (Is that under 140 characters?)  Stunned in a good way, that is.

Anyone else feel that way?  I'd love to hear it.


Now, on to what I learned by reading my twitter feed (and also a bit on FB) Sunday morning.  I know who won the mens, the pairs, not so much about ice dancing though.  I know how well # 2 and #3 skated in mens, womens, pairs, and I know what the crowd thought of each and every program.

Thanks to two blogger/tweeter/journos (Jackie Wong @rockerskating and Ollie Williams @OllieW) you'll get all the insight you could need.  Almost like being in the audience.

Check this out, Worlds 2016, a recap of everything - at Rocker by Jackie Wong.  You're welcome.  And Ollie had a handy chart for every skate that went something like this ...

     Judges
     Crowd
     Music
     Heat - as in Heat Maps!!  Yeah, I know.

I also follow Xanboni and Aaron (thanks guys) who live tweet like crazy.  They had a lot of great insight.  And there are others of course.  Sara on Skating, Inside Edge, and of course, Ryan at Skate Guard and others.  I swear, next year, I'll be on Twitter as the skaters take the ice.  It will be much more fun that way.

2 comments:

Skate Guard Blog said...

Thanks for the shout out! Wanted to be able to make it down to Boston this year and wasn't able to tweet as much as I wanted to as I've really been under the weather since Saturday night. So much great skating though and you're right - social media really does not only make watching skating more fun but really helps when you can't watch events 'in real time!' XX

Ice Charades said...

It was great to read you guys!!! You had to feel awesomely proud for the pairs! So now I'm dying for some expert analysis ... why doesn't Mao get any love? Is it because she was so far down after the short or is it more than that? I guess I'm old school because I like her program so much and she skated it so well. And then there's that 3A that no ones seems to remember.