December 15, 2008

Thanks

I was feeling the urge to blog today, but couldn't think of a topic. Don't worry, Miss Ice Charades hasn't run out of ideas ... I have a finale that starts Thursday to finish out 2009, but today I feel like I'm coming to the middle of the second half.

In show business, that's probably the worst spot to perform. You know, strong opening (second best skater), strong close to first half (third or fourth best skater), again a strong start to the second half (third or fourth, take your pick) and big solid close (the best skater). Unfortunately, today I feel like the poodle act jumping through hoops.

So instead, I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the skating bloggers out there who keep us on top of the competitive elite. Without you guys, I'd be lost. I value your opinions, because going to sites that only gives me results is not helpful. I want to know what their programs were like, how they skated to it, and what you think was on the judges minds. Can anyone really know that?

Again, my thanks.

p.s. I couldn't find any images of skating poodles (why didn't I bring mine along?) so I give you the circus on ice act instead.

2 comments: